Great, we would like to help you; check here for the most frequently asked questions:
- Americans who want to share their culture and learn about other cultures
- Foreign residents who want to know more about Pittsburgh
- Long-term visitors who want to know more about Pittsburgh and the US
- Foreign Nationals who want to be in touch with others from around the globe
- All women who want to share their culture and learn from others.
During the summer, check the meetings section for meeting in the park once a month.
How do I become a member of IWAP?
Come to a Thursday meeting or an English class on Monday and pay the yearly membership fee between September and May. In the summer just show up to one of the meetings in the park which are organized once a month.
The first meeting is free for you to try and if you would like to join, the cost of the membership is 25$ for the season (September to mid-May) and includes: monthly meetings, cooking classes *, English classes, and field trips *.
A lot! ;)
We offer a big variety of activities: weekly meetings, weekly English classes, monthly cooking classes (to learn dishes from one of our member's country), monthly field trip (to explore Pittsburgh and its surroundings), volunteering opportunities at Global Links, and much more!
Yes, of course! As we are women and some of us also mothers, we welcome mothers with their kids during Thursday meetings, most field trips or cooking classes. For English classes, we also provide a "mothers and kids" group so you can join if interested.
If you need help identifying them, please refer to the Committees page.